Questions To Ask Your Sales Executive Before You Purchase Furniture
It is always exciting to buy anything new, especially something large like furniture which will remain in place constantly reminding you of its presence. It is not often that you come across pieces that you like, are within your budget and gel with your existing furniture. Once you identify such a piece it is common sense to grab it. Hold on, it is not that simple and you must be so naïve.
Today's buyer must be informed about all the nitty gritty of furniture buying before he or she parts with their dollar. It is advisable that you go through all the information available online about the kind of furniture, the material, the design and the style before you proceed. It is preferable that you take the advice of your friends especially if the piece is expensive and you plan to keep it for a long time. Of course, if the piece is cheap you need not go to great extent to gather more details but it is always better to be informed and stay ahead of the game.
Here are a few questions that you can ask your salesperson before you take the plunge; they will not only assure you that you have covered all bases but will also convey the message to unscrupulous sellers that you are an informed buyer and cannot be cheated.
Questions to ask
- Is there a better deal available: There is a saying, "ask and you shall get?" Many a time the shops do not advertise all the offers on display; it is only when prudent and prodding customers persist do they let know of any additional offers and discounts. Hence ask the salesperson if the price on the tag can be reduced further and is there scope for a better deal. In the case currently there are no deals, you can find out if there are any upcoming sales where you might get the same piece for a better price. But be wary of the sales tactics where the salesperson will tell you in no uncertain terms that the piece will not last that long!
- Can the furniture be customized and will it cost extra: Nowadays manufacturers are more flexible and they offer more customization options to customers which go beyond the change of fabric. You are free now to choose right from the filling inside the piece to the style of arms if it is a sofa or a chair to the height of the backs and the final finish. The choice is plenty and your sales executive will tell you all the available options. Do not forget to ask if the changes will cost extra. Many a time the salesperson chooses not to divulge this information and you end up paying more than you hoped to pay. Once this vital question is answered it will make the decision easy as to whether you want to spend that extra buck or settle for the available style which happens to be in your budget.
- Know more about the materials used: It is crucial that you know more about the frame and the material used when you buy sofas and beds. Besides that, you must have full knowledge of the kind of fillings, the support and any drawbacks related to them. Knowing these details will tell you if the piece is worth the price and if it durable. For those who are conscious of the ecological impact, it pays to know if the materials where procured ethically and without any damage to the environment or any other living beings. It is also important to ensure that all finishes are non-toxic and safe.
- Are there any other products with similar features and in the same price range: Despite claims by manufacturers that all their products are on display, sometimes you might come across pieces that are not on display but are equal to your liking and within your budget. Therefore, ask your salesperson to show you around other pieces with similar features and looks.
- What is the delivery procedure: It is always important that you clarify all matters of importance such as delivery, in the beginning, to avoid confusion, heartache, and frustration later on? Ask the representative about their policies on delivery and if any additional charges are applicable. Also, inquire if the delivery person will call beforehand to ensure you are there to collect the piece when it is delivered.
- Whom should you approach if things go wrong: Probably the most important of all questions you must find out who your contact person is if something goes wrong with your order. What is the guarantee on the product and what is their exchange and return policy?
Armed with these questions march forward confidently to purchase furniture of your choice and adorn it in the space destined for it.